The Museum is housed in the buildings erected by the Reverend Schröder in 1875 as a church and mission station. Domestic items dating from that era and articles relating to the history of Upington and the Lower Orange River can be seen here.
The museum is home to the life-sized monument of the donkey, sculptured in bronze by Hennie Potgieter. It symbolises the unselfish contribution made by the donkey in developing the Lower Orange River Valley during the pioneer days.
Copyright © 2019. Kenhardt Accommodation, Business & Tourism Portal. All Rights Reserved.